Here’s our latest roundup of cyber security news and content surrounding Asia.
- 900 arrested in cyber-security crackdown in China
- SEA business, governments remain likely targets of cyber attacks: Report
- Singaporeans lost more than $500,000 to cybercrime last year
- 90% of mobile apps could be in breach of Singapore privacy law
- FireEye report finds Malaysian organisations at 65% higher risk of cyber attack
- Japan probes possible cyber attack by Anonymous on health ministry website
- Dozens of Japanese websites were rendered nearly inaccessible after an enormous volume of data was sent to their servers through DDoS attacks, short for “distributed denial of service.
- Thailand among the most malware-targeted nations
Cyber Security (South East Asia):
- Indian PM Modi on a two-day visit to Singapore on 23 Nov 15, expecting to sign 8 MoUs from both sides. Of which, a MoU on cooperation in the area of cyber security will be signed where there will be a focus on establishing a formal framework for professional dialogue and related cooperation between the cyber security agencies in both countries.
- India and Malaysia sign 3 MoUs including cyber security
- Nurturing Malaysia’s next generation of cyber security professionals
- The Philippines proposes for creation of joint cyber security group with Malaysia
- A Vietnamese team won the first place at the 2015 Cyber SEA Cyber Tournament in Jakarta, Indonesia. The competition focused on cyber security for competitors under 30 years old from 14 teams in ASEAN region.
- Vietnam passes law on Internet security amid rising cyber attacks
- Vietnam shares security issues at ADMM Retreat
Cyber Security (East Asia):
- Netherlands, Japan bolsters economic and cyber security ties
- Japan will take all possible measures to heighten computer security ahead of next year’s G-7 summit and the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.
- China building its own uncrackable smartphone in an attempt to evade US surveillance programs
- Obama administration prepares for next round of cybersecurity talks with China
Cyber Security (South Asia)
- Rajnath Singh stresses on cyber security for success of flagship programmes
- India fears ISIS web attacks as experts warn of re-run of Hebdo cyber attacks
About Ashlee Ang
Ashlee is a content writer at Cyber Secure Asia where she writes about introductory topics on cyber security and cyber-related happenings in Singapore & South East Asia.